AR is becoming an increasingly prevalent condition, with the most common form being moderate to severe in nature (Baena-Cagnani et al., 2015). According to the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI), 50% of Europeans will suffer from an allergy by 2027 (Papadopoulos et al., 2012). The allergic rhinitis (AR) market has declined very slowly over the past decade, as has it become saturated with relatively efficacious standard therapies, such as antihistamines (AHs), intranasal corticosteroids (INCS), and leukotriene receptor antagonists (LRAs), and has also been facing increasing generic competition. Despite the rising prevalence of AR, and a large patient population that is dissatisfied with the current treatment options, the market size for symptomatic therapies alone is set to shrink, as the remaining branded products lose patent protection. There is an increasing shift in the transfer of prescription AR products to over-the-counter (OTC) status, which is driving patients to pharmacies rather than to physicians, further diluting the prescription AR market. The immense, crowded generic AR market has been largely unappealing to drug manufacturers. Consequently, only two symptomatic therapies are expected to launch before 2024.
Sales of AR products in Japan were $1.89 billion in 2014. As in the global markets, the growth in the Japanese AR market will be fueled mainly by the uptake of the new AITs, and will be offset by the patent expiry of the best-selling AHs in 2013, and Merck’s INCS, Nasonex, in 2017.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/allergic-rhinitis-japan-drug-forecast-and-market-analysis-to-2024
- Overview of Allergic Rhinitis including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in Japan including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in Japan from 2014-2024.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting Japan Allergic Rhinitis market.
Reasons To Buy:
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Allergic Rhinitis.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2014-2024 in Japan.
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/pharmaceuticals-and-healthcare
About Radiant Insights,Inc
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
28 2nd Street, Suite 3036, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519